This section is devoted to federal employee services and provides guidance and information concerning benefits, FERS and CSRS retirement Planning, career development planning, job search opportunities, the MPP process, financial and estate planning, TSP discussions, federal resume and application assistance, and much more.
Federal employees will find links to informational articles that address benefits and finance, lifestyle, jobs, and wellness; sign up for our free newsletter.
Use our free Action-Oriented Career Management Online Workbook to take charge of your federal career.
Dennis Damp, the author of Take Charge of Your Federal Career was a guest speaker at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) headquarter in Washington DC headquarters. Damp discussed ways for employees to enhance their careers through the development and implementation of realistic individual Development Plans (IDPs). In the afternoon he presented a similar program at the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) to help launch their new Career Development Toollkit program for their Leadership and Employee Development (LED) team.
Federal Employee’s Guide
If you are offered early retirement through VERA or a VSIP buyout, proceed with caution
and determine the impact on your benefits and annuity.
- Retirement Planning – Issues unique to federal employees & annuitants
- Federal Employee Benefits
- GovLoop.com – GovLoop is the largest social network for government employees. Consisting of over 65,000+ federal, state, and local government leaders, the site provides free online trainings, jobs and career advice, news and best practices, and more. Sign up to receive GovLoop updates and we’ll send you a free copy of the e-book “Framework to Managing Your Government Career”
- NARFE – National Active & Retired Federal Employees Association – This excellent organization is a wealth of information and resources for federal employees, retirees, and survivor annuitants. NARFE’s 350,000 members have access to a wealth of information at http://www.narfe.org, their monthly magazine, newsletters, the NARFE staff, and local NARFE chapter volunteers throughout the United States.
- SES Jobs – The Senior Executive Service (SES)
Merit Promotion Program (MPP)
Our Federal Career Planning web site assists federal government employees to design realistic Individual Development Plans (IDPs) and target new jobs and promotional opportunities. Federal government employees have numerous and attractive career development and upward mobility opportunities available to them. Developed by a career fed with over 35 years federal service.
The Merit Promotion Program allows those who are status applicants (current federal employees or those who have reinstatement eligibility) to bid on job openings. MPP announcements are posted at most offices and on the internet. Many agencies have their own internet sites where you can view job announcements and print them out for future reference. OPM also publishes MPP announcements on their USAJOBS web site. Lists of federal job announcements are available on this site.
Agencies can restrict MPP announcements to applicants from their agency and many limit the geographical area of consideration.
Return to Top of Page