The TSA announced that it is hiring Federal Air Marshals to work in more than a dozen regions across the country including Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Newark, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Seattle, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Applications will be accepted from March 1-29, 2023.
Applicants don’t need previous experience working in security, the military or law enforcement fields. New hires will receive extensive training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and they are paid while undergoing training.
Federal Air Marshals detect, deter and defeat criminal, terrorist and hostile activities that target our nation’s transportation systems. They perform a critical role in securing the nation’s transportation in a variety of federal law enforcement capacities on board aircraft and on the ground in transportation sectors such as mass transit, rail and ports.
They are involved with a range of law enforcement responsibilities including:
- Serving a variety of civil writs and criminal warrants issued by Federal courts
- Tracing and arresting people wanted under court warrants
- Seizing and disposing of property under court orders
- Safeguarding and transporting prisoners
- Providing for the physical security of court facilities and personnel
- Providing for the physical security of jurors and key Government witnesses and their families
- Preventing civil disturbances or restoring order in riot and mob violence situations; and
- Performing other special law enforcement duties as directed by a court order or by the Department of Justice.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or nationals between the ages of 21 and 36 (veterans may receive a waiver allowing for employment prior to their 40th birthday) with a valid driver’s license with a minimum of either three years of work experience or a bachelor’s degree or higher, or combination of education and experience. Applicants must pass a pre-employment background check, including a polygraph and pass a medical evaluation and a physical fitness assessment.
The salary range for entry-level Federal Air Marshals is $46,428 to $71,932 plus locality pay based on the region where an individual is stationed. Locality pay for the New York City/Northern New Jersey region is currently an additional 36.16%.
Marshals receive paid annual and sick leave, life insurance, comprehensive health care plans (including dental and vision), a three-tiered retirement system including a generous fixed annuity, a Thrift Savings Plan with a 5% salary match, and Social Security with early retirement possibilities. contributions to the
Don’t hesitate, they are accepting application now through March 31, 2023. There are many opportunities for those who want to make a difference and be a part of the federal law enforcement community.